Fira Landscape Architects
To create a therapeutic setting to surround the new Kirkwood Hospice building in Huddersfield.
“KeySCAPE LT helped us to develop and present the design to the hospice staff. It enabled us to make amendments quickly in response to their comments.”
Gareth Lapworth - Fira Landscape Architecture
Fira is a nationally recognised practice of landscape architects, urban designers, masterplanners and architects with a people-centric ethos.
Over the past four decades their pioneering approach to design with the emphasis on sustainability and well-being has strengthened their position as one of the country’s leading landscape design practices.
Using KeySCAPE LT on the Kirkwood Hospice project gave us the flexibility we needed to create multiple areas with varying requirements. The key features of the project include:
- A raised terrace overlooking the grounds and individual garden rooms for each bedroom
- Uninterrupted views of the gardens from the bedrooms
- A paved spiritual labyrinth that provided a major focal point
- Improved biodiversity and links with the wider landscape
- Improved access for wheelchairs around the grounds
- An allotment area for garden volunteers
- Cafe-style seating areas
The gardens have become a valuable and much-loved resource for the staff and patients of the hospice and contribute to the wellbeing of everyone who visits the site. In 2015, the site was recognised for its contribution to the community when it won the BALI award for Best Community Development.
KeySCAPE LT is a cost effective, standalone solution that includes its own AutoCAD (OEM) engine, enabling you to quickly design landscape projects and easily collaborate with your design partners.